This is the data base of PegasoWeb help in line
And she is filled with answers to the most common questions so that you can solve your doubts to any hour and at any time. We have 30 questions organized in 10 categories. It uses the finder to find answer to the questions that arise to you when you begin to use our services.
If you do not find answer to your question, send a stuffed email to us to support or the form to add it to the data base.
If you finish arriving we recommended to you that you read articles of the category First steps.
You can install Joomla manually in your account of lodging, is simple if you follow the following steps sequentially:
1. - He enters http://www.joomla.org/ and he unloads the last version of Joomla (menu Download superior, 2,5 Full Package)
2. - He will take to http://www.joomla.org/download.html. He unloads the version 2.5.1 Full Package (or present version). He beats in this connection to keep the Joomla in your computer.
3. - CPanel enters your Control Panel. In the group of icons Files beat in File manager. It will leave a window to you with the following text:
Please it selects a directory to open:
and with several possible options. It selects Web Root (public_html/www) and presses the button Go.
4. - If you want to install the Joomla in the root of the website, so that Joomla is nothing else opened to enter the domain, sees step 5. On the contrary, it beats in New Directory (secondly icon in the bar superior of icons), creates the directory where you wish to install Joomla (for example directory joomla within public_html) and enters him making click on the name of the directory in the directory tree whom there are to the left of the window.
5. - The icon raises to file ZIP the servant beating To load.
6. - While it loads, it returns to the window where it is the main page of cPanel and presses the icon MySQL Bases de Datos.
7. - A base creates data for the Joomla, for example joomla. The data base will be created with the name usuario_joomla, where usuary it is your name of user of cPanel.
8. - Next, in the same window, a user of MySQL creates. The password remembers because we will need it soon. The user will be in our example usuario_joomla (just as the data base, although he thus does not have why to be).
9. - Once created the user, he adds to the user to the data base, specifying the option ALL THE PRIVILEGES when he asks it to you.
10- He returns to the main window from cPanel and in the group of Archives he beats in Accounts of FTP. He creates a usuary FTP that has access to the directory where you are installing the Joomla, with a password that is not the one of your access to cPanel by security. Assure to you that the Directory field contains the folder where you are installing Joomla (public_html if you are installing in the root, public_html/directory if you are installing it in the directory folder for example).
11. - He returns to the window where cPanel is raising file ZIP and hopes at that it arrives at the 100%. When he has arrived, he beats in Of return to /home/usuario/public_html (or similar) closing the window.
12. - Of return in the Administrator of Files, he beats in the icon in the form of box that there is to the left of the name of file ZIP for mark it, and you beat in the icon To extract (secondly by the right in the row superior of icons). Extract them in the same directory where it is the ZIP.
13. - The window will refresh automatically with the new contents of the directory. It presses in the icon New File (above to the left) and creates the file configuration.php. Once created, select it beating in his icon and press the icon To change the Permissions. It changes the permissions To read and To write for User, Group and World (permissions 666).
14. - In the navigator it sees http://www.tudominio.com/ to load the installer of Joomla (or to http://www.tudominio.com/directorio/ if you installed it in a directory). It selects the language and it beats in Following. You will arrive at the titled window previous Verification. In the part superior all the values would have to be in green. In the part inferior they will appear in red Showing errors and Registering global. You can ignore these values, beats in Following.
15. - Give Following accepting the license.
16. - In Parameters of the connection it fills in the form with the following data:
Basic type of data: mysql
Name of the sevidor: localhost
Name of user: usuario_joomla in our example
Password: the password that you assigned to the user in step 8
Name of the data base: usuario_joomla in our example
It beats in following.
17. - In configuration FTP pon Yes and writes the user name (for example [email protected]) the password that you assigned to this account FTP when you created it in step 10 and as route to the folder the value/(the inclined bar). It presses in Configuration Outpost and pon ftp.tudominio.com with servant FTP and To keep password FTP: Yes. The button beats To verify configuration FTP to verify that the configuration is correct and beats in Following.
18. - Stuffed the following form main Configuration with the information corresponding to your website. Next it beats in Following.
19. - At the moment Joomla is installed. It will tell you that is to erase the directory installation. For it returns to the Administrator of Files from cPanel, it selects to the directory installation beating in his icon (assure to you that configuration.php is not selected) and presses the icon To erase. It returns to the window of the Joomla and beats in Administration to enter the panel of administrator with the user admin and the password that you specified in step 17.
20. - We are going to unload the module of Spanish language. It opens http://extensions.joomla.org/ in the navigator. In the directory of extensions it beats in for Translations Joomla (you can use Control + F search that text). In the resulting list it looks for the extension: Spanish Translation For Joomla! 1.5.x and 1.0.x (accredited translation) and beats in the Download icon. A new window with files available will be opened to unload. The files to unload are the corresponding ones to Spanish_Joomla15_stable (they will surely appear the last ones of the list of unloadings). One of the files is for the panel of administration and the other for the public part. Keep them in your hard disk.
21. - It returns to the Joomla, it opens to the Extensions menu happening the cursor of the mouse superficially and selects Install/Uninstall. It raises language files using first of the three forms both (Upload Package File).
22. - Once raised, it opens the Extensions menu and it selects to the option Language Manager. It marks the Spanish language as Default, as much in Site as in Administrator.
23. - The last step is to return to the File manager from Cpanel and to change the permissions of configuration to 644 (To read/To write, To read, To read).
With that already is installed Joomla in Spanish and you will not have (in theory) the typical problems of permissions since everything will work internally with FTP.